Compensation: | Full-Time
Successful Care Managers work with children and families utilizing a strength-based team approach (Wrap-around model) to ensure the family’s needs are
addressed and met. Care managers have excellent listening skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills. Time management skills are essential
as is maturity and the ability to be flexible, approachable and accessible.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, disability status, protected,
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Review referral information and all assessments prior to the initial meeting with the child and family.
- Participate in the initial meeting with the child and family to gather additional information, to orient the family to the ISP (Individualized Service
Plan) process and wraparound philosophy, to establish a relationship with the child and family, to identify additional team members for the Child/Family
Team, and to develop a crisis plan with the family.
- Responsible for the coordination and facilitation of all team meetings.
- Link the child and family to services identified in the crisis plan and ISP and revise as necessary.
- Meet with the children and families in their home, in community-based arenas, or in the office to support ISP goals and objectives at least two times
- Ensure that all community resources are exhausted before pursuing out-of-home treatment. When out of home treatment is determined to be the least restrictive
treatment to meet the youth’s needs, completes out of home referral, downloads documents to CYBER, maintains the youth on YouthLink, maintains
communication with the Specialty Residential Treatment Unit, facilitates scheduling and attends meet and greet meetings with the family and potential
providers and attends admission to out of home treatment. Reviews Joint Care Review Plans.
- Document all contacts, interventions and status updates in CYBER weekly.
- Provide on-call crisis management coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain regular contact with families and wraparound service providers to verify provision of authorized services, to receive feedback regarding progress
toward goals, and to support positive collaboration.
- Completes Strengths and Needs (SNA) initial certification and recertification on an annual basis.
- Ensure that formal services are transitioned to sustainable community-based interventions when deemed appropriate based on the strengths and needs
of the youth and in a timely manner.
- Attend all court meetings/reviews as necessary.
- Complete flex fund requests and referrals in a timely manner.
- Complete discharge/transfer ISPs within 2 days of final CFT meeting.
- Meet with the Care Manager Supervisor on a regular basis to provide outcome status update on all assigned youth and families, to obtain guidance on
care management, to identify barriers to service implementation, and to inform of any change in service plan.
- Identify new formal/informal community resources and provide this information to the Community Resource Manager.
- Identify gaps in formal services and provides this information to the Care Manager Supervisor and/or Community Resource Manager.
- Attend relevant meetings, team meetings, in-service training and conferences as scheduled.
- Maintain child and family confidentiality when interacting with co-workers and the community. Written consents are obtained prior to releasing any
- Report all accidents and incidents observed during work shift in accordance with CMO procedures.
- Adhere to all child abuse and neglect mandated standards.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with staff members.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with youth/families, provider agencies and the community at large.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Psychiatric Nursing, or related field required.
- At least one year of related experience working with children or providing care management services.
FACT offers a competitive compensation plan for full time employees as well as a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental,
life insurance, 401K, holidays, sick, personal, and vacation time.
Return to Job Listings